2019 KAME International Conference & Registration Information
Greetings from KAME!
We are pleased and excited to present the following information about this year’s KAME International Conference.
1. Schedule Information
1) Topic : Multicultural Education and Diversity: Driving the Potential for Changing Societies in a Globalizing World
2) Dates : May 22 (Wed) – May 24 (Fri), 2019
3) Location : SNU Hoam Faculty House, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
KAME has been holding international conferences and making academic exchanges with two academic associations:
1) NAME, The National Association for Multicultural Education
2) IAIE, The International Association for Intercultural Education
The world’s leading scholars from the NAME and the IAIE will be participating and making presentations at the 2019 KAME International Conference.
Moreover, for this year's KAME International Conference, more than 60 foreign scholars from all over the world and more than 40 Korean scholars will be participating as presenters, making this year's conference ever so exciting.
∎ Invited Keynote Speakers:
James A. Banks (University of Washington, USA)
Barry van Driel (International Association for Intercultural Education, Netherlands)
Tariq Modood (University of Bristol, UK)
∎ Keynote Speaker of ' the 1st world congress of the World Coalition for Equity and Diversity of Education' (May 22):
Christine Sleeter (California State University Monterey Bay, USA)
∎ Invited Paper Presenters:
Bassel Akar (Notre Dame University, Lebanon)
Leslie Bash (IAIE; University College London, UK)
Erzsebet Csereklye (Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary)
Ann Lopez (University of Toronto/OISE, Canada)
Georgios Nikolaou (University of Ioannina, Greece)
Agostino Portera (University of Verona, Italy)
Hugh Starkey (UCL Institute of Education, UK)
Njoki Wane (University of Toronto/OISE, Canada)
∎ KAME Travel Awardees
▪ Keith Barton (University-Bloomington, USA)
Li-Ching Ho (University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA)
▪ Lewis W. Diuguid (Political Action Committee of NAME, USA)
Bette Tate-Beaver (NAME, USA)
▪ Audrey Osler (University of South East Norway, UK)
Jon Arne Skarra (University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway)
▪ Claire Maxwell (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
▪ Yao Xiao (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Handel Wright (University of British Columbia, Canada)
2. The 1st World Congress of the World Coalition for Equity and Diversity in Education (WCEDE)
- The Korean Association for Multicultural Education, the National Association for Multicultural Education, and the International Association for Intercultural Education are pleased to announce the founding of the World Coalition for Equity and Diversity in Education (WCEDE).
- The WCEDE is an alliance of national, regional, and international associations that work toward advancing inclusive and cross-cultural education based on principles of diversity, social justice, equity, and human rights, both within and across national borders, with the goal of serving the public good and influencing educational policies around the world.
- The WCEDE seeks to advance inclusive and cross-cultural education based on principles of diversity, social justice, equity, and human rights, both within and across national borders, with the goal of serving the public good around the world.
- The WCEDE will hold its first tri annual Congress in May, 2019 in Seoul, Korea and will be hosted by the Korean Association for Multicultural Education. This Congress will provide representative members as well as educational professionals in dialog around critical questions around issues such as immigration, refugee education, indigenization, and sustainability in multicultural societies.
- The WCEDE is open to inviting other organizations committed to these principles and goals to contact us regarding membership in the Coalition.
3. Early Registration & On-site Registration
1) Complete the early registration form:
- Early registration for the Conference: April 29 (Mon) – May 20 (Mon)
- Onsite registration for the Conference: May 23 (Thu) – May 24 (Fri)
- Please complete the following procedure (by May 20, 2019) for early registration:
2) Make a payment with PayPal:
(The PayPal system works well. If you have any technical problems, please contact the PayPal customer service center directly.)
We are very much looking forward to meeting you at the conference in Seoul.
KAME Conference Organizing Committee
Attachment #1: 2019 KAME international conference program (tentative_20190512)
Attachment #2~#4: WCEDE
Please find '2018 KAME International Conference Highlight Clip':
*Onsite Registration Pay